Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Great 50s Cake Bake-Off

Its no great secret that I love to make cupcakes. They are quick, cute and always yummy, I'm still learning how to make them look super cute, but at least I have the 'yummy' factor sorted. Which is why I adore reading Bakerlla's Blog as there is always something to capture your imagination like these cake pop's inspired by Toy Story of Ham.


So on a recent reading of her blog I noticed that she had been helping judge a cake decorating comp, which in turn reminded me of the one held by the Lovely ladies of the Lindy Charm School at Wintersun.



It was fantastic to see so many people taking part both as cooks and as on lookers ohhing and ahhing over the yummy and inventive designs. All I can say is so much talent and I'm rather glad I didn't have to pick a winner as they were all very good.

So all of this made me wonder....at what point did we stop baking as art and start ordering from bakeries? Not that I have anything against a bought cake, as they often do so much better than I ever could, but I did start to think how many times I've popped to the shops for an afternoon tea cake instead of baking. Well new house new rules, yes that's right I'm heading back to the kitchen and whipping up treats for my house guests.

**Ms Candice and Mistress Chrissy

**The Winning Entry from Mimsy of Mimsy’s Trailer Trash Tattoos.


**Photos of Wintersun judges and cake from Nicole Jenkins of Circa Vintage Clothing and Miss Kim of Vintage Charm by Kim.

And here is the bake-off in action.

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino