Monday, June 21, 2010

The Way We Wear = dangerous

When this is the first thing you see as you walk up to a venue you know your in the right place. Funny after all the cars I saw at Wintersun I didn’t see a stretch Chevy like this. So of course I had to take a photo.

Once inside it was wonderful to see so many stalls which such diverse treasures, everything from shoes to jewels, even collections of buttons. Plus I did stumble (ok not so much stumble as hunt down) Jacinta from Circa Hats.



And it was there that I picked up this little treasure. I divine little black velvet cocktail had that fitted perfectly on the crown of my head, now to figure out the hairstyle that will suit it best.

Also in my searching I came across this sweet little dress ring, as well as a pair of navy and white gloves. Perfect for this cold Melbourne weather, and lets face it nothing say a night out at the theatre like a pair of finely tailored gloves. I did manage to pick up a couple of full floral skirts and a super sweet pale green day dress. Thankfully the green dress will match wonderfully with my velvet heels that got a very good work out modelling and dancing at Wintersun.




2 comments:

Ashley said...

Just blog hopping and ran across yours and wanted to say hi! I LOVE all things vintage. I have an awesome apron collection..and yes I do wear them around the house to cook and clean in! I also, a few weeks ago bought a vintage nightgown and matching robe (I forgot the real name for it...i think it starts wit a p...) any who I should blog about it!! It is sooo Doris Day, why don't they make nightgown the way they did?

have a great week!
-ashley-

Tiki Doll said...

Thanks for reading.

if you love nightgowns and slips check out What Katie Did from the UK they have some fantastic things.

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino