Sunday, April 25, 2010

Coffee and Music

I recently caught up with one of my favorite local artist for coffee and see what was on the musical cards. I’ve featured Barry Michael before, but a quick recap for those of you who don’t know him. Local boy with amazing talent with music that spans the genres of rock, pop, folk, blues, soul and even a little bit country. You can find his music on itunes and his videos on youtube. All are locally produced by Barry and have that great raw feel with brilliant quality.

So the main question I was interested in was finding out what his latest project was. Barry is currently working with Queensland artists Robert & Shauna Kendall on a series of relaxation and meditation cd’s and clips. You can view their work on youtube.com via Barry’s site . Apart for his normal music you will find the clips for Petals of the Heart from the album Peaceful Mind Healthy Body - Deep Alpha Relaxation" It is the music only, edited from 30 min' to 10 min (to fit YouTube). Available on ITunes and from mymeditationspace.com. It is really different area for Barry’s music career but the combination of spoken word and music is fantastic. I high suggest having a listen, chill out and regroup with this CD after a long stressful day.

I am still always a little star struck when I catch up with Barry as I’ve been listening to his music since I was a little girl and admit I know all the words to all his songs. So it was really great to talk about his work and inspiration for his music. Thanks Barry and the gang in Abbey road for afternoon tea!

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino