Friday, May 21, 2010

The Amazing Ms Deville

We all know that I adore women who make this world just that bit better, hence my love of Amanda Palmer and Dita Von Teese. Well there is another amazing woman based in my home town of Melbourne that reminds me why I do what I do.
Her name is Candice Deville or to some Super Kawaii Mama. I first discovered Candice while looking for a good blog to read on vintage fashion and make up, however she has been writing since February 2008 as way to ‘share her unique sense of style and life perspective’ as Candice puts it. To find someone who not only writes about styles I love, but lives what she preaches it wasn’t long before I became and avid reader of her blog. And as Ms Firedoll can a test to I did turn into a bit of a star struck fan the first time I met her at Circa Nocturna in 2009.


With what can only be described as a passion for vintage fashion you can find so much more than images of pretty dresses on her site. What you will find is resources, inspiration, vlogs, and most of all a down to earth view on life with just the right amount of glamour. Apart from blogging Candice is a ‘multi-disciplinary artist specializing in style and vintage glamour’ in all aspects of life. Hence the night we met she had been modeling in Circa Nocturna.


And now a new website
http://www.candicedeville.com.au/ to help showcase her talents as model, teacher and all round ambassador for glamour. So if you need to book a vintage show stopping beauty jump online and give her a bell. And apparently Candice will now also be out in the world with ‘vintage hair and makeup artistry to workshops, hosting events, presenting, writing and iconic vintage modeling’
I have to agree that ‘Candice DeVille is the whole glamorous package’

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino