Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A bit of a giggle


After the news that Disney has bought LucasFilm including ILM (industrial light and magic) and Skywalker sound for a reported $4Billion I thought I just had to post up this youtube.com clip down by a great bunch of guys at Teddie Films.  

However before we get to clip was does this purchase mean to us fans, well number one is that the long awaited Star Wars Episode VII is now due for release in 2015. Ok just enough time to get my cosplay sorted.  I think it will have to be a full Star Wars main cast group thing and NO there will not be anyone done up as JarJar Binks!!!!!   So now Disney owns LucasFilm and Marvel......oh please let Joss Whedon get involved in Star Wars and I'm sure I'm not the only geek out there hoping this will happen.

I guess I'm not really that surprised that this has happened especially since Disney and Star Wars have seemed to be linked for awhile.  I mean I went on the StarWars Star Tours ride in Disneyland back in 1989/1990 and they have been hosting Star Wars weekends at the theme park for awhile.  I even have a Jedi Mickey plush doll my good buddy Mikii brought back for me last year.  So lets just think happy thought and see where this goes.

I hope you enjoy the parody 'The Star Wars That I Used To Know' - Gotye 'Somebody That I Used To Know' Parody by Teddie Films. So let raise our lightsabers, sit back and have a giggle.




0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino