Wednesday, July 4, 2012

time to break out the sparkle





Its that wonderful time of the year again, nope not just wonderful winter where the excuse to break out snuggly jumpers and truck loads of teas.  Ok so they are great things but its time to venture out into the cold dark night in search of sparkle and joy at the Melbourne Cabaret Festival.

If you haven't heard about this amazing festival before its time to embrace something new and enjoy some amazing artists.

I'm already in the planning stage of how I'm going to get to everything.  Step one is to make my short list however with over a 100 performers its a hard task, but I've manged to get it down to the folllowing.


Tom Dickins - well no surprise that Tom is on my must see list.  I can't wait to spend the night listening to these amazing songs from such a talented artist.

Dates: Wednesday 18 July
Time: 8pm
Price: $20 pre-sale / $25 on the door (+ transaction fee)
Venue: Chapel Off Chapel

The its off to the Bohemia Cabaret Club where they are hosting Steam Up II, an entertaining blend of Burlesque, Cabaret and the Steam Punk phenomenon.  Starring Oscar Sonnet, Madame ‘Mama’ Natalia, Jasper Jewell, Red Devochkin and Jack Lad as ‘Finickity Jack’.

Date: Saturday 14 July
Time: Doors open 5pm; show from 8pm
Price: $20 pre-booked; $25 at the door 
Venue: Bohemia Cabaret Club, 226-228 Coventry Street, South Melbourne

Well this is the starting point, now I just have to check the calender to see just how much I can fit in.  I do hope you jump on the website and see what you can find out there that sparks your interest.

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino