Monday, July 9, 2012

Strike a pose

There are many pinup artists that I admire, but today I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite pics from Gil Elvgren.  You may have seen Elvgren's works on lots of pinup sites, not to mention a lot of photographer's use his work as inspiration for their pinup shoots.  From the mid 1930's through 1972, Elvgren produced over five hundred paintings of beautiful girls and women. Almost all of these works are oilo on canvas, and fully developed finished works of art. Elvgren continually surpassed himself, always improving in ideas, composition, color, and technique. 

   

Its well known amongst my friends that I adore his work, so it was a great treat when Mikii last cam down and brought with him some beautiful posters with him for me.  These were now added to my growing collection, I just have to now find some beautiful frames to put them in.

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino