Saturday, September 3, 2011

Thank Goodness for Aussie Music


A big smile is on my face at the moment thanks to Australian artist Wally De Backer or as he is more commonly known these days by his stage name Gotye. I'm not sure exactly when I first discovered his music, I think it was around 2006 when I first got my hands on this album "Like Drawing Blood". I admit I had the CD on repeat so much I actually wore it out and had to invest in a second and then the digital download.

So its no surprise that when I was given a copy of his latest work "Making Mirrors" I was over the moon. For me his music is amazing as it reaches across so many different genres and there is a track for almost every mood. A big thanks also goes to the Australian radio station Triple J who first introduced me to this wonderful artist and have been playing the album for me. I have put up a clip from the album its called "Somebody That I Used To Know" and features another great artist Kimbra, who I am also getting hooked on. There is just something about this song that makes me want to turn it up load and belt out the lyrics. So please have a listen.

I would also like to invite you all, if you like the sound of Gotye's work, to go out and buy the CD or jump online at Itunes and get the album. All artists should be supported and I urge to support our local talent as they make amazing music and should be supported to make more. If you do jump on itunes grab the deluxe version as it has a digital booklet and video clips including the making of the album.

So a big virtual hug to one of my favorite Australian artist Wally De Backer, I love your music and I look forward to many years of great work from you.


0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino