Thursday, November 10, 2011

Preparing for EA

One of the 'duties' of my friends is to help me discover new music and my dear friend Vustoxn in Sydney I have been introduced to the amazing Emilie Autumn. Add to the fact that Vustoxn is flying down for one night to take me to Emilie Autumn's show on Tuesday night; I can say that its been a quick love affair with Ms Autumn and her works.

If you don't know about Emilie she is an American singer-songwriter, poet, and violinist. Autumn draws influence for her music—the style of which she has alternatively labeled as "Victoriandustrial". Her shows incorporate elements of classical music, cabaret, electronica, and glam rock with theatrics, burlesque and "flamboyant" outfits. So in other words this is more and theatrical production than just an other concert.


If you have been reading my twitter you will see that I have been listening to her music for most of this week, which means I've had her songs stuck in my head for a better part of the week. All in all I'm loving her work as there is a sweet yet dark element to it which works well for me. So far I'm addicted to "Thank God I'm Pretty" and "Marry Me" which are two songs that have a "marie antoinette" quality to them.

Well I'm off to have a fashion crisis over what I'm going to wear on Tuesday night....wish me luck


0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino