Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm reading....

With the demise of good bookstores like borders and angus & robertson I've found it hard to actually get my hands on books I like, so I was excited to find a copy of Gok Wan's autobiography in discount book store. Hey books for $5, I was bound to look and to my surprise I actually found a few.

If you don't who I'm talking about Gok Wan is a British fashion consultant, author and television presenter. His television series include How to Look Good Naked, Gok Wan's Clothes Roadshow, and Miss Naked Beauty. Wan has published three bestselling style guides to go with them, including How to Dress: Your Complete Style Guide for Every Occasion. This book however is not about how to look good its his own story about his life where he reveals all about his life changing period. The lessons Gok learned during this time helped him bounce back from a difficult childhood to become a stylist to the stars, every woman’s best friend, and a national treasure. In this intimate memoir Gok tells his full story in his own words. Whether he’s recounting the horrors of childhood bullying or riotous anecdotes about his loving family, behind the scenes in the fashion world or TV shows, Gok’s voice jumps off the page with all the honesty, wit, and warmth for which he is known and loved.

I'm only a quarter of the way in but I'm loving it, so if you can get your hands on a copy I do suggest you have a read.

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino