Thursday, May 19, 2011

30 songs in 60 days song challenge part10

4. A song that describes me
I'm no Heroine by Ani Difranco

For many years I have adored Ani Difranco's work, her combination of folk style music and poetry really speaks to me. Its hard to choose just one song of hers that describes me or speaks to me but there is one line in this piece that just calls to me. In essence I guess its what I hope my writing/poetry/blogs do.

"i'm no heroine
at least, not last time i checked
i'm too easy to roll over
i'm too easy to wreck
i just write about
what i should have done
i just sing
what i wish i could say
and hope somewhere
some woman hears my music
and it helps her through her day"


0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino