Monday, May 9, 2011

30 songs in 60 days challenge pt5

5. A song that makes you sad
Bad Wine and Lemon Cake by The Jane Austen Argument
performed by The Jane Austen Argument with Amanda Palmer

This song was on a recent release of Amanda's (yes you all knew she'd get in this list at some point) and thankfully she introduced me to The Jane Austen Argument and the beautiful sound of Tom Dickenson. I find his voice so captivating that I could listen to him sing for hours on end. I have actually been lucky enough to not only see The Jane Austen Argument perform here at the Butterfly club in melbourne but also with the amazing Amanda Palmer. This song does make me sad but in a good way, if there is such a thing. It just reaffirms my belief that music is food for the soul as it can lift you up, hold you and often say what you can't seem to. Enjoy!!!!



0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino