Friday, April 27, 2012

St Trinians

One of the Maiden's of St Trinian's
 Greetings all......

This morning I am feeling the need to have a bit of a retro geek moment.  Growing up I was lucky enough to be introduced to St Trinian's, nope not the 2007 version with Russell Brand.  Instead the classic movies from the mid 1950's which will always hold a special place in my heart.  Not only did it inspire me to learn all the lyrics to the theme song, start drawing the St. Trinian's logo all over my school books but in my mind it was a great way to see that we can all be accepted exactly as we are.

With all this mind I have begun my hunt for some of the classic books these movies were based on. 
Hurrah for St Trinian's (1948)
The Female Approach (1950)
Back to the Slaughterhouse (1952)
The Terror of St Trinians (1953)
 
If that fails maybe a day of movies.  The playlist looks like this

The Belles of St Trinian's (1954, the first film)
Blue Murder at St Trinian's (1957, the second film)
The Pure Hell of St Trinian's (1960, the third film)
The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery (1966, the final film of the quartet)
The Wildcats of St Trinian's (1980, with Maureen Lipman taking on the Joyce Grenfell role)
St Trinian's (2007)
St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold (2009)

So I thought I would share some images and the theme song with you all. 




0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino