Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weat Side Story



Today I was lucky enough to be invited to see the new production of West Side Story currently on at the Regent theatre in Melbourne. It was a beautiful day in the city and full of AFL fans waiting for the grand final rematch so the city was buzzing. In my mind the perfect atmosphere for a bit of musical theatre.



Now I've been a fan of this musical since I was a small child. With its connection to the 1950s, Romeo and Juliet it has always inspired me. Not to mention a few years ago now I was lucky enough to actually work as part of the backstage crew for the Gold Coast, QLD production. So it wasn't a hard as to attend. It was a wonderful production and I guess you could say it had been modernized a little. With the costumes a bit less 50's and more just inspired by the era. A few songs had been reworked a little, I'm not so sure about that aspect though. But overall a great way to spend the afternoon.



I was only sent a link for this mock West Side Story however its called Web Site Story. Watch and you'll see what I mean. I'm now off to throw on a few petticoats and dance around the house.

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino