Friday, October 15, 2010

Modern Retro

These days I often find it hard true vintage in my size, sadly because there aren't always the rockabilly gowns out there I'm after. So in an effort to keep expanding my rockabilly wardrobe I went it hunt of reproductions. What did I find you may ask? Well........



This little number is a red and black bengaline number from Portmans. It was a simple pencil skirt with red bodice and was a lot cheaper than the USA version I found online not so long ago. I've always seemed to stumble across great little retro inspired numbers at Portmans, so while there I did also pick up a sheer cream silk pussy bow shirt and another black pencil skirt. Perfect for my 'school misstress' ala 1950 look or when I fancy a bit of Mad Men office inspired glamour.


Then there was this gem from Friends of Couture. It may look like Alannah Hill but thankfully doesn't have the price tag so it just had to come home with me. Since its a 3/4 sleeve and an open knit its great for spring or when those summer nights have a chill to them. Plus I just love the knitted love heart buttons, how cute!



And lastly I picked up this love bites cami and boxer set from Peter Alexander. Its a light cotton so again great as we head into summer. Plus it also fits my rockabilly feel at the moment. So there you have it 3 modern stores, 3 modern pieces that with the right extras a perfect retro pieces.

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino