Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You never know

Some days you find little gems in the places you least expect it.

Not so long ago Mr and I made our way to the other side of the city to visit Spotswood. I adore this little part of the world. Spotswood, Seddon, Yarra Ville they all have the vibe that time sort of stopped in about 1954 and the rest of Melbourne forget to say anything. However you do get a sense that the beatniks are about to make their way out of the workmans cottages at any moment and the next big thing will begin. However I digress.
Mr and I were heading to indulge our inner geek at the Scienceworks Star Wars exhibition. Must say its worth the drive to see these great pieces plus there is science for all you parents who think the kiddies should learn something.
Anyhoo, the other bonus is you get entry into scieneworks museum and one section is all about the home. That was when I happen to stumble across the greatest collection of 1950's kitchen wear and beauty items.

So the plan is to distract the guards while I break in and get all the kitchen goodness I can. It makes you wonder what your grandmother and mother did with all these items.



I am such a sucker for cute packaging



I'd love to have this aftershave bottle collection.



0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino