Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Order of St. Beryl

I think I need to join a convent.....ok so I'm kidding but I came across some classic footage from some of my favourite comedians Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. This classic clip comes from there show Not Only But Also, a show I was introduced to at an early age.

Having grown up going to a school where Chapel attendance was forced every week its these images of the The order of St Beryl - otherwise known as the Leaping nuns of St Beryl's that would often leap (excuse the pun) into my mind during service.



Apart from making me laugh its a good reminder that not all humor has to be 'blue' or use foul language. Plus it reminds me that it is thanks to the comedians of the past that allows us just great humor now. So a big thanks to Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, the entire Monty Python team, Tim Brook-Taylor, Graeme Gardner, Bill Oddie, Tony Hancock, Kenneth Horne, and so many more that it would take to long to list

0 comments:

 
If your mind wanders let it lead you here. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino